Thanaka powder has been in the long line of beauty regimens for Burmese women. It is a traditional cosmetic ingredient made from the bark of the tree. It is typically used in Burmese beauty products, as well as traditional medicine.
Thanaka powder is used in cosmetic products becaused of its skin-lightening properties. It can also help get rid of wrinkles, tighten the pores, and control oil secretion. Thanaka powder is a very affordable, natural, and effective beauty product.
What Are the Steps in Making Thanaka Powder Mask
Here are the simple and easy ways in making a DIY mask from Thanaka powder.
- To start, you need to gather Thanaka bark and make three layers of bark in a pot.
- Cut the bark into smaller pieces so that it will be easier for you to grind them later.
- Put the bark pieces in a pot, and then pour a little water on them. It is not necessary for you to use a lot of water. Just a little is enough.
- Now, you need to boil the bark until it is soft. Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- After cooling down the bark, grind the bark until it becomes powder.
- Continue to sift it and make it finer.
- Next, you will need to make a paste out of it with some water. Use a little bit of water, depending on how you want your paste to look.
- You can already use this paste as a skin mask. But there are other ways on how to use the powder.
- One is to mix it with water and use it as a face wash.
- Another is to mix it with water and keep it in a spray bottle for easy use.
- Lastly, you can use it to rub on your face as a scrub.
What Are the Benefits of Thanaka Powder Mask
Here are some of the important benefits that thanaka powder mask can offer your skin.
BENEFIT #1. Skin Lightening
Thanaka powder is known for its skin-lightening properties. It is effective in lightening dark spots, blemishes, and freckles. Thanaka powder is a naturally occurring product, thus gets rid of the dark spots naturally.
BENEFIT #2. Anti Wrinkle
Thanaka powder is a very affordable way to remove wrinkles. Thanaka powder is known for its tightening properties, thus making wrinkles less visible. It is very safe, as other methods and even Botox or surgery can leave your face with unnatural wrinkles.
BENEFIT #3. Tightens Pores
Thanaka powder is a great acne fighter, as well as pore tightener. Exfoliating is very essential for your skin. It helps remove the old skin cells and allows your new cells to come up. Tightening pores can help prevent your pores from getting clogged and preventing acne and pimples from forming.
BENEFIT #4. Acne Fighting
Thanaka powder is a great acne fighter. It is highly effective in removing acne, pimples, and blemishes. After washing your face, gently apply the thanaka powder on your face. Let it sit for 20 minutes then rinse with warm water. You can apply this on a daily basis to fight acne.
BENEFIT #5. Sun Protection
According to the Burmese traditional way, thanaka powder is used as a sun block. It helps protect your skin from sunburn and sun damage.
Thanaka powder is an effective beauty product, as well as remedy for different skin ailments. Through the abovementioned steps, you can easily make your own DIY mask from thanaka powder to give you that glowing and beautiful skin.
Healing Bark offers 100 percent authentic and natural organic thanaka powder mask kit that helps get rid of acne, dark spots, freckles, and age spots. Keep your skin radiant and blemish free using our high-quality masks. Check out our list of products today!